The Humane Society of Northeast Georgia’s mission is to create a community recognized for responsible pet ownership and humane treatment of animals through offering basic pet wellness and spay/neuter services, public education, and placement of companion animals.
Who We Are
Serving Hall County and northeast Georgia since 1913, the Humane Society of Northeast Georgia (HSNEGA) provides vital services to animals and people alike. A private, non-profit organization that receives no public or government funding, HSNEGA receives no monies from national humane organizations (such as the Humane Society of the United States) or county, state or federal government funds. Instead, we are supported solely by private donations, grants, bequests, and service fees.
What We Do
HSNEGA is a selective admission facility, meaning we take in healthy animals from owners and other shelters and rescue groups as space allows. We do not euthanize based on duration of stay or space. Instead, animals stay with us until they find a new forever home. Our programs and services include:
- Adoption of Companion Animals
- Spay/Neuter Center providing affordable spay-neuter surgery to the public with no residency restrictions
- Low-Cost Wellness Clinic including basic vaccinations and testing for dogs and cats
- Intake of Owner-Relinquished Pets
- Rescue of Displaced Animals from other animal welfare facilities throughout Georgia
- Foster Care Program for animals with special needs
- Owner Requested Euthanasia (for terminally ill or suffering animals)
- Behavior & Training Classes
- Education/Outreach Programs for Youth & Adults
- Volunteer Opportunities for All Ages